Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hot air balloon Festival






Last year Trish and I discovered this air balloon festival and it was cool. We didn't really find out about it until it was on the last day. This year we decided to go and see what it was all about on all 3 days! I think the night glow on Friday was one of my favorite. They had 6 out of the 40 balloons there and had them do the wave and popcorn. I loved it when they did popcorn because it really did sound like popcorn popping. They would turn the flame on and off really fast and it made it sound like they were popping popcorn. There was an amazing sunset I have never seen the sky so pink! Then on Saturday I was in charge of a church carnival so we didn't make it over there till that night. It was really neat though because as I was setting up outside at the pavillion of the church,the balloons all flew over my head! I wish I would have had my camera then! On Sunday morning we woke up early and went out to the fairgrounds at 6:45 just in time to see them launch all the balloons! Its just really interesting to see how they do it. It was a really fun and very eventful weekend. Trish took all the pictures since her camera on her phone is better then my actual camera! How crazy is that?! I hope you enjoy them:)

5 comments:

Katie W said...

Wow!! That is amazing! I would love to go see a balloon festival sometime. That sunset is just gorgeous too.

REBYRYAN said...

I remember reading about this last year! I love the night pics!

Paula said...

Wow! what a beautiful sight! Sounds like such a fun event...glad you could go

Denise said...

Great pics!! What a fun thing to watch!! One of these years, I'm definitely going!!!

Mark said...

That looks fun , I hope to go there , that sunset is really gorgeous, pink and purple is my favorite color ,

Maya :)