Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. He is such a great guy and has always been such a great example. I am so grateful he is in my life and for the many things he has taught me through the years. He is such a hard worker never quits till the sun goes down. I found this poem that is a lot like him. Happy Birthday Dad I love you!


Without delay he's up each day
before the crack of dawn.
After breakfast, a kiss from his wife,
he yawns and pulls his work boots on.

Out the door he stands with pause
to smile at the gold-blue sky.
The rooster crows and the man steps off
with purpose in his stride.

There's livestock to feed and fences to mend,
till the soil and plant some seed.
His list of chores has no end
for there's always some kind of need.

The man looks around at his open land
proud of the work that has been done
Knowing the hard work and blisters on his hands
Was worth the sweat and tears

The sun has set and he's earned the right
to relax on his old back porch.
He shuts his eyes and breaths in the night
praying tomorrow he'll rise once more.

1 comment:

REBYRYAN said...

That is a very nice tribute! I forgot you went private until you left that comment on my blog! I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any updates on my blog roll! That would be why! I'll get it changed so I don't miss any more posts!