Saturday, August 14, 2010

Scandinavian Festival






Yesterday a friend from the ward told us about this festival that was going on not to far away. Its a Scandinavian Festival with dancing and lots of booths with crafts and food. It was neat to see the different types of foods. Since my dad's side is Danish there were a few foods I recognized. I really wanted a meat pie but the line was so long. We already had to stand in line to get the best thing there. They are called Aebelskivers and they are so good! My great grandma use to make them and they take patience. Its very interesting to watch you pour this batter into this skillet that has round holes. When it starts to get brown you start moving it around with a type of knitting needle. When its all done its basically a pancake in a round ball. They gave us jam to dunk them in and it was oh so good! It was a good thing we parked a ways a way so I could walk some off! It was a really hot day so I think next time I will go when they first open or later when the sun goes down.

2 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Looks fun! You always find all the fin stuff to do!

Katie W said...

You seem to have a knack at finding random, totally fun things to do!! Looks like an amazing time.