Thursday, August 27, 2009

Homemade Ketchup

I have had quite a few people ask for this recipe so here it is!

12 pounds of tomatoes
3oz salt not iodized
3 pounds of sugar
3 T ground allspice (you can add more if you want)
3 cups apple cider vinegar
4 T crushed garlic

Wash and cut up tomatoes and put into a stainless steel pot. Mix the rest of the
ingredients together and pour over the tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for 3 hours stirring frequently. Pour into a blender and blend till smooth then put back in the pot
for 30 minutes on a higher heat stirring frequently. Pour into jars and put lids on should seal themselves. Makes a gallon

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've never made homemade ketchup, it sounds better than the homemade stuff. I wish I was creative enough to have come up with the dutch oven cake recipe myself. But alas, I got it from papadutch.home.comcast.net

He's pretty much a dutch oven genius. The pineapple upside down cake is maybe the best cake I've ever eaten. Could be because I was camping, and starving, so everything tasted good. But his recipes haven't failed me yet.

Callie said...

Just checking out your blog!! How fun!! Love the pictures of you and all your family!! We have got to catch up!! Call me!