Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I love the canning season!

I love the summertime when canning season is here. I am so grateful to my grandma for teaching my mom how to bottle things. I have learned from them both and now I am able to do it on my own. I lucked out to be able to have a small garden spot this year at our bishop's house. I think I would make my mom proud with what I have done. I was invited to go to our relief society presidents house and pick out of their garden while they are away on a vacation. They have such a big garden with loads of food how lucky was I to be able to pick somethings:) Today I made a double batch of zucchini bread and some homemade ketchup. Its really good and you would be suprised how regular ketchup is no longer appealing. I was going to take some pictures to put with this post but, my batteries ran out so its just writing today sorry. I made some blueberry jam for the first time ever and I am hoping to make some blackberry too! I am also going to bottle pears and freeze some corn. There is nothing better then fresh fruits and veggies from the garden. That's really all I am up to this week so not to exciting but time consuming! I hope your week is going pretty good! I am going to a fun event on the weekend and I will be sure to have my camera so I can get lots of pictures. So please come back and visit!

2 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Go Angie!!

Paula said...

I love it too! I have never tried ketchup before...could I get your recipe? There is something about looking at what you have done on your pantry shelves that is so satisfying.