Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hot Air Balloon Festival
















We had a really fun air festival in town this last weekend and saw so many hot air balloons! They were not able to launch the balloons on Saturday due to the weather. We were keeping our fingers crossed they would on Sunday morning. After doing some testing with a regular balloon they announced that it was up to the owners if they wanted to do it. There were a few that left but thank goodness there was a brave soul that started a chain reaction! It was really cool to watch the process of unfolding and using a high pressured fan with a motor to inflate them.Check out the ladies hair in the picture where they are using the fan to know how strong it is! Once they did that they would use the flame to really get it as full with air as they wanted then off they went! I had to get a couple shots to compare the size of the balloon to the people on the ground it was crazy how big some were! I will warn you this is only half of the pictures I took! I just couldn't take enough and I cant wait until next year to go. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did. It was a very cloudy day so it kind of made for a cool background!

3 comments:

Katie W said...

You always go do the most fun things!!! I've been to one balloon festival (Thanksgiving Point had one a few years back) and it was amazing. Yours looks like it was the perfect weather for it--cool and overcast.

kat said...

That sounds so cool...I'm glad the weather cooperated a little better on Sunday. You are always doing so many cool new things-makes me realize I need to branch out! Love you!

Paula said...

What a fun thing to do! That really is a cool place to live. My friend just posted pictures from her trip to Rockaway beach in Oregon. It was so beautiful. I'm glad you are taking it all in and enjoying your time there.