Monday, May 31, 2010

a visit from a sweet friend






I was really excited to hear from a good friend of mine over memorial day. She was coming to Oregon to visit her husband's sister and wanted to get together. It happened that she was only going to be an hour from my house so of course I agreed. We found a spot in the middle to meet and it was a great day. There is a riverfront park in Salem that I have never been to and it was nice. It had a carousel that you could ride for 1.50 but since it was Sunday we didn't go on. Trish found the next best thing outside to ride:) There was also an old fashion steamboat that was fun to watch. You sign up and it takes you for a ride and they provide a meal. Its quite expensive though so I dont know if I ever will do it. I was just content eating a picnic and visiting with my good friend. She was an old roommate of mine and I just love her. The last time I saw her was 3 years ago when I catered her wedding lunch. It was fun to meet her new little boy Connor and the other family she brought. I love days like this and wish they happened more often! I would love to see any of you if you want to make the drive:)

4 comments:

Paula said...

I would love to come up there for a vacation! It's such a beautiful place! Glad you got the chance to visit with an old friend.

Denise said...

I'm glad you had a visitor! I remember helping with that wedding luncheon! It was a bit crazy in the preparation if i remember right, but it all turned out great in the end. I can't believe it was that long ago. That riverfront park looks awesome!! Nice pics! Haha Trish :)

Ryan Cowley said...

Not sure why I didn't see this post! Is that one of the twins? She looks kinda familiar.

Angie said...

yes that is debbie klinkopf she has a twin deanna