Monday, June 15, 2009

You built that out of sand?














My sister came to visit me from Seattle and we had a great time! I had heard about these sandcastle contests and wanted to go. They were having one in Cannon Beach so we decided to go. The internet put the wrong time on for the judging so we got there too early to see everything done. I felt bad about that but, it was interesting to see the things people could do with a little bit of water and lots of sand! Next year we will know to go alot later and drive down on the beach that was a long walk!

8 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Those are so neat! I can not believe people actually made them. Did you find out who won?

Ryan Cowley said...

Wow! Julie keeps posting cool pics from up in your direction. Why isn't there anything cool to see in Utah? Okay, there probably is but I am so used to it that I don't view it as cool anymore!

Katie W said...

Those are sooo amazing!!! I love that you hear about things (cool things too) to do and see and go do them. What a fun day!!

Paula said...

Those are so cool! We were just at the beach talking about how they build these amazing things out of sand..so we tried but ours just crumbled as soon as it dried. Do they use something magical to make the sand stay in place? Looks like a fun day. I'm glad that you two are close enough to get together!

Camille said...

wow those are way cool! so next year we are going to have to come there twice, once for the tulips and again to see the sand castles!

Jenn said...

That is incredible! How fun!

kat said...

Yes mom, they use magical sand in Cannon Beach. You should go there! I love you! Ang-these look amazing! Aren't sisters the best?!

Janelle said...

I think it is so awesome that Lisa lives close enough that you two can get together! Those sand sculptures look amazing, even if they aren't finished! :)