Saturday, June 6, 2009

Strawberry anyone?











I have been hearing about this festival that they have in a town just 20 minutes away. They have a 3 day weekend of activities so i thought I would check it out. I went to the parade and it was lots of fun and tons of strawberry attire. I tried not to put in too many pictures, just some of my favorites! The highlight was the strawberry shortcake. They have the record for the largest strawberry shortcake! It has been raining off and on so I didn't get a chance to see all of it since it was covered with a plastic to keep it dry. I did get a sneak peek when the wind picked up:)They give everyone a sample of it and last year they fed 20,000 people! It was really good and just look at the size of that strawberry!

6 comments:

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

Okay, look at that picture of the girls dressed in strawberry suits - is that not my twin in the bottom right? Scary... and yet delicious!

Ryan Cowley said...

Too fun! Bummer you didn't get to see it all though.

Katie W said...

Wow!! I love strawberries, but I've never heard of this festival. It looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe how big that berry is!! Looks like the people really get into it.

Paula said...

That strawberry is amazing! What a fun celebration. I bet they grow everything big up there with all the moisture they get. It must be beautiful! Talked to your mom the other day, she's really looking forward to their trip up to see you and Lisa. Sounds so fun!

kat said...

That strawberry looks amazing! Those little hats look like something our moms would have made us wear! Love you!

Julie said...

Lebanon is the town I was born in but I was raised in Corvallis. My grandparents lived in Lebanon for years though. They are both passed on now. I still have extended family that live in that area. Looks like you enjoyed the festival!