Monday, June 29, 2009

Lets go fly a kite.......


I am always looking for things that are free to attend. This weekend I saw that Lincoln City was having their 25th kite festival so I thought that might be fun. It didn't disappoint it was great! Here are a few of my favorites.

These are really alot bigger then they seem.

These octopus kites are 90 feet long and 30 feet wide! It takes 8 people to take them down. They dont look that big do they?

There was a group of guys that all fly their kites together and it was so cool to watch. Each kite had 4 strings attatched and I couldn't believe they didn't get them tangled up.

Here are the guys in that group they were amazing and are world champion kite flyers!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Wow these kits are really cool! I bet that was a lot of fun. Good luck with the job hunt...you have so much to offer, Super talented! I'm sure someone will snatch you up right away!

Ryan Cowley said...

World champion kite flyers? Funny. You are getting to see some amazing things up there! Stop it!! Now you won't ever want to come back to dreary old Utah.

Jenn said...

That is so cool! One day I'm gonna make it up there!

Katie W said...

That looks like such a fun thing! I can imagine how huge those kites are. You are sooo good at finding fun, cheap, and interesting things to do!