Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where can I turn for peace?


I have had alot thrown at me all of the sudden and it has been really overwhelming. I dont handle rejection very well and I know that trials make us stronger but its still hard to deal with. I have always enjoyed going to the temple where I can clear my mind and leave everything I struggle with at the door. I went there today and it was just what I needed. Its such a beautiful place just off the freeway back in the trees. The funny thing is you cant hear the traffic at all even though its quite close to the freeway. I am so grateful for this place. I love the quote they have written just as you go in.

"As you enter this place of holiness, cast aside your earthly cares and lay your worrisome burdens at His feet. Here in His house you will find refuge from the tormenting winds of temptation and the withering heat of worldly pressures. As you immerse your soul in His peace, He will wipe away the tears of despair from your eyes. Your heart will be filled from living fountains of pure waters, and as mortality gently fades, you will, for a moment, embrace the riches of eternity."

6 comments:

Katie W said...

I hope things are looking up for you soon! What happened with the job? That's really crazy and no fun at all! Thinking of you....

Janice said...

I'm so happy you were able to spend time at the temple. Always a great place to go during trials.
I will remember to pray for you.
Life can be so hard sometimes.

Paula said...

Angie
I'm so sorry you are going through a hard time right now. I'm glad you could go to the Temple to get away from this crazy world for a little while. I will be praying for you.
Love you

Ryan Cowley said...

Thanks for sharing that quote. It is a good one. I have decided that you must be destined for something even greater than you already are. It seems like the more trials you have in life, it is to make you stronger BECAUSE you are needed to perform great things in this life. And we all know, you have been handed your fair share of trials! But Heavenly Father knows you will get through this and be even better than you were before (as if that were even possible). Love you girly!!

kat said...

Ang, you are in my prayers. I promise it will get better! I love you

Jenn said...

Thanks so much for the thought. I'm so sorry for your stress right now. But I'm glad that you could go to the temple; I need to find a good sitter so I can go more often!