Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving and this and that

Sorry I have been missing in action! My sister Lisa came down from Seattle this last weekend for our Thanksgiving. I made a full meal except I only cooked a turkey breast. I thought it turned out good and I had 2 firsts. I made rolls that actually tasted good and didn't weigh 12 pounds! I also made the best pumpkin pie that I have ever made! Do you think I took a picture?! Um nope I was too busy starring at it in all its glory:) My sister and I also decided that the cranberry needed to have a bit more to it besides open the can and dump! So I threw it in a sauce pan and added orange juice, cinnamon and a little sugar. It was really amazing how just those few things made it taste so good. We ate and played games and did a puzzle and talked and relaxed. It couldn't have been a more perfect weekend until Sunday. My sister and I were looking at a Christmas gift we wanted to get my mom and my computer died. Not just lost all power died like cant find the hard drive died! I was so devastated and still am. I don't want to think about the things I have lost on there. I will just think of things that were copied on to other disc's. I am really hoping for a miracle but I don't know. So for now my roommate has been nice enough to let me use her computer here and there. I have a very busy month ahead with lots of projects so hopefully I will blog about them. If I dont happen to look at your blog for awhile its because I lost your address with the computer not because I dont love you!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Hope we can figure things out with the computer. Olya cooked a full turkey (well it was a 12 pounder), a first for her. It turned out really well, but she vows she'll never do it again. Next year, she said she'll just cook a chicken.

I like your idea for the cranberries. I never cared for the canned stuff as is, especially because of the shape. Reminds me to much of spam. We found that lingonberry jam from Ikea is an excellent substitute for the traditional cranberry jelly. It has a similar taste, but looks more like jam, and you can see berries!

Ryan Cowley said...

Sorry about the computer! Hope all else is well for you!

junebee said...

Good luck with your computer! That's so sad. Glad the rest of your holiday was fun.

Katie W said...

I'm so glad Lisa was able to come and spend Thanksgiving with you!! It's hard being away from family. Did you ever get your computer fixed??