Friday, December 3, 2010

Veterans Day

I work at a retirement home as a cook and for the most part I love my job! Maybe its the fact that I love older people. There is a lot of pressure to make things that they will like. There are always those who give me the I would have never made that food like that lecture! I just smile and nod and say well at least you have someone cooking for you:)The first picture is my favorite resident Winnie and yes that is her name! Maybe because Winnie the Pooh is my favorite I dont know. Her grand kids actually call her grandma Pooh which I think is adorable. Anyway the other pictures are from our Veterans day social. They made a big deal out of veterans that live there. I thought it was great to honor them. The activities director made a poster with all of them on there and where they served. We sang patriotic songs and had punch and cookies. I took a couple of pictures of some of them. The man by himself rarely smiles so the fact I could get him to hold his flag and get him to smile made my day! Also the 3 people that are together wouldn't stop singing to smile so I just took the picture anyway:) Sorry the pictures are not very good I used my phone.




1 comment:

Katie W said...

How sweet! I can totally picture you working here and can imagine what a ray of sunshine you are to everyone!