Monday, September 7, 2009

There's no place like home...













This last week I decided to surprise my family and come home. It was my dad's birthday on Wednesday and I arranged with my sister to have my parent's come to a picnic spot in the canyon for a cookout. They were so surprised to see me there my mom even asked if i was a mirage:)We had a great time and had a cake and presents for dad. We were glad to have grandma Joyce and grandpa Keith come up for cake. Grandpa Keith has been going through chemotherapy and has been pretty sick he was looking great that night! It was so good to see my other grandma she was so cute when I saw her she said I couldn't have wished for a better person to see. I also got to see my friend Sue and the 2 kids she tends. It just wouldn't be a worthwhile trip if I didn't get to help with something. My parents were doing corn for the freezer so I got to help out with that. My parent's new house is so nice and peaceful all you hear are crickets at night. Its their own little house on the prairie! I miss my family but its nice they are close enough that I can come and visit.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Oh Angie I am so glad you could come home for a few days. It looks like they were well spent and you had a wonderful visit. How great that you could be there for your dad's birthday. I bet they were so glad to see you!

Janice said...

You have been full of surprises. How fun. It makes life fun and exciting when do things like this. It makes me think that I need to do more spontaneous things for my family.

Mumsy said...

Ang:the sunflower picture and cloud picture turned out just right. I must have a copy. I still can't get over you surprising us like that. It was wonderful to have you home. I still smile when I go in the storage rooms you organized for me. They look superb.

Jenn said...

How fun to really surprise them! I've always wanted to do that to my family - but I've never lived far enough away to have them get that excited! :D Oh, except my mission.

Olya said...

surprise indeed... for us especially...