Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stress=Peach Pie



I dont know what anyone else does when they are stressed out but I love to cook or clean. I dont know why but that has always been a good stress relief for me. The bad thing is if I get carried away and there are tons of treats around! My record is a pan of brownies, a cake, homemade bread and rolls and soup oh and no bake cookies! Yikes! The neighbors have never loved me more:) Anyway the reason for my cooking this time is yet another job falling through. Its really hard to be strong when you know you are qualified and yet they keep picking other people! I know I need to keep going and something is bound to turn up or so my mom says and mom's are always right aren't they? Well I had to take a least one day to wallow in self pity and bake a pie! I will be out looking again tomorrow but until then I am going to have some pie:)

2 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

In Ryan's job, he gets to be in on a lot of the hiring and a lot of people get passed up BECAUSE they are over qualified. It totally sucks but I guess they figure if you are too qualified, your not likely to stick around very long.

I am not telling you this to discourage you but so you don't start thinking that you really don't have the job experience that you thought you did because you're awesome (how's that for a run-on sentence!)!!

Katie W said...

Isn't it funny how everyone copes with stress so differently? I love how you cook/bake and I'm SURE your neighbors really do too. About the job--it's tough out there right now and I'm sure it's hard to decide who gets hired and who doesn't. It very well could be that you're overqualified or maybe that somebody else has and "in" with the boss or something. I just know that something perfect for you will turn up sooner or later--I just hope it's sooner for your sake! Love ya!