Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blueberries





Last week Trish and I decided to go pick blueberries and you might say we got a bit carried away! We were having such a good time that we just kept picking! The bushes were loaded and the weather was perfect and I was having fun. We both had full buckets and were quite suprised when they weighed 26 pounds! So far I have made 2 batches of jam and some really good blueberry crisp. I am going to attempt to make syrup so I will post pictures when that is done. I love Oregon for their blueberries they are so good and sweet and big!

4 comments:

Katie W said...

Those are amazing!!!! And they look sooo delicious! I'm sure you can find plenty to make with them and if you have extras, maybe you could freeze them. Yum!

Mumsy said...

Tell me how you like your blueberry jam. I froze a lot of our berries and made some very yummy muffins with blueberries, raspberries and cream cheese in them. I agree they have been a treat. Mumsy

lessdirtydirt said...

There are so many!! Can you just go pick them somewhere for free?

Angie said...

I wish that was possible but you can only do that with blackberries cuz they grow wild everywhere!