Thursday, October 6, 2011

Summertime

July 2011

I got the chance to go home in July and I was pretty nervous. This was the first time going home since my grandma passed away. I have never not got to see her when I go home and I was beginning to get the pit in my stomach. It was a fun trip and it was great to see the family. I was able to spend time with my nieces and nephew too. We had a little picnic down at the box elder campground and that was fun. Then we went over to my aunt's house in Mantua for little valley days. They basically celebrate their town for a weekend and end it on Saturday night with fireworks. That was also hard for me because we were at my cousin Shawna's house and she had passed away in December. So I saw the pictures on the wall of her and it brought tears to my eyes. I know its good to move on and remember the memories but sometimes I just want to talk to the person! I was able to see my good friend Julie and spend Sunday with her. She taught Sunday School and did a great job. I went up to the cemetery to visit my grandma. It was a great trip and I always look forward to coming home. (photos are thanks to my sister in law Olya) My camera doesn't like me at the moment.


Elijah loved the light sticks they were handing out before the fireworks

Anya fell asleep waiting for the fireworks. She really hates loud noises so I had to cover her ears.

Anya got so dirty at the campground when we had our lunch. She is showing her messy hands.

Maya was in heaven with the pony rides!

This is Ivy in all her cuteness! She doesn't usually have to do anything but smile and she melts your heart

1 comment:

REBYRYAN said...

What is it that is so entertaining about those glow sticks? My kids LOVE them! Glad you had a good time on your visit.