Sunday, October 3, 2010

Surprise Visit





My sister Lisa and my roommate Trish put their heads together and surprised me with a visit from Lisa! I was so excited when I was just sitting around on a Friday night and in walks Lisa. Even though we are only 4 hours away we just dont get to see each other as much as we would like. We had a great time going to a favorite restaurant of mine and playing the Wii:)Trish had to work the next day so Lisa and I went to this museum that I have wanted to go to for awhile. They are building a carousel downtown and right now are carving all the animals. Its a lot of work and we watched a few of them carve. Then they have a room where they are painting them all. We thought the room looked like a homemaking night at our church:) There were all these ladies just chatting away while they painted. My pictures didn't turn out the best they were kind of blurry but hopefully you get the idea. After the museum we went to the next town and watched toy story 3 in 3D it was awesome! We played games and laughed and talked just the therapy I need. Trish and I had planned to go to a fireside that night in Eugene where Brother Bednar and 2 members of the 70 were speaking. We all went and were so glad we did it was awesome. Instead of giving talks they did a Q&A session. People raised their hands and asked a question and they would answer it. It was a great night full of the spirit. The next day was church and then lunch and the next thing we knew it was time for her to go:( It always goes by so fast but I am so lucky to have such great sisters! I cant wait to see her at Thanksgiving:)We took a cute picture together minus my double chin but I am wearing an apron my mom made for me for my birthday:)

4 comments:

junebee said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys were able to visit and have a good time together. The fireside sounds like it would've been awesome. Cute apron!

Ryan Cowley said...

You always find the coolest stuff to go see! Maybe I should just move up there!

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

Oh man, the bags under my eyes! Yikes. It was a fun visit though!

Alex and Anna said...

sister time is the best. I hope you are doing well!! I miss you. Max wears his aggie shirt you gave me all the time!!