Thursday, October 8, 2009

Do you ever smell something and you have so many memories come rushing back? Well that has happened to me alot lately with different things. I love the memories that come with certain things. There are so many different smells out there that have brought a different memory for me this week. The one that I smelled today made me tear up and I guess that is why I am writing this now. I was standing in line at the post office and all of the sudden I smelled my grandpa! I turned around and there was this cute grandpa standing there wearing the same aftershave lotion. It brought tears to my eyes to smell it. I longed for the good old days of watching him rub it on his face and neck and then put a drop on my nose. It was nice to remember him today since he is no longer with us anymore but sad too. Do you have any smells in your life that bring a smile to your face or a tear to your eye?...

5 comments:

Angie said...

I sound like a song or something. Sorry about the random post I like to throw those in once in awhile:)

Katie W said...

Well...I was going to say that I'm that way too--with smells and music. I hear a song and memories come rushing back. Then I read your comment that you sound like a song. Haha!! I guess we'll just wrap my two things (smells/songs) with your one. :)

Paula said...

That was a great memory ang. Old spice forever!

Ryan Cowley said...

Right Guard reminds me of my dad.

Janice said...

I have had this happen a few times.
It is amazing how it triggers a memory. Good thing you had a nice memory of your grandpa. You are a good person.