Saturday, May 16, 2009

Newport











I had a really long crazy week and decided I needed a break. I haven't been down to see the ocean since January so I had to go! It was in the 80's today and perfect weather. My friend Trish and I went down to the bay front where they have these cute little shops. We window shopped and bought some really good taffy!They have these really neat murals painted up everywhere so I took a picture of one. We went down to the pier and watched these hilarious sea lions! They have these pallets of wood that these sea lions like to lay on and sunbathe! They make lots of noise especially when other sea lions try and get on their wood! They stick their heads in the air like they are enjoying the sun! We went over the bridge and enjoyed walking in the water. Trish got some pretty cool shots of a washed up crab and a picture of me down the beach. It was really windy so our hair didn't really cooperate for the pictures but it was still fun! I love living here and enjoying the beauty of this earth!

5 comments:

Paula said...

Angie you are so lucky to live so close to the ocean. It is so beautiful. I love the sea lions. In Newport CA. people get so mad at them cause they get into their boats that are docked there and sink them! HA! They are funny to watch. Glad you could have a fun getaway!

Camille said...

Oh my heck you live in the most amazing place! Maybe Kellen will get a job there after school! I just want you to know that I got your package in the mail and you are so sweet! Thank you so much, it really meant a lot to me and the cards are so cute! You are so crafty and talented! Thank you for thinking of me! You are the best!

Jenn said...

What a great weekend! I have never been up that way, and you make me want to come visit! Maybe one of these days!

Ryan Cowley said...

Okay, I think someone is having WAY too much fun!

Janice said...

How fun would that be. I could stand there and watch the sea lions all day. What a fun weekend trip. Way to go!!