Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day





Memorial day has always been special to me. I love to visit the graves of those who have gone before us. I have had a hard time being away from the celebrating this year so I thought I would just go to a cemetary. I had a hard time finding one since the directions I wrote down led us nowhere but finally after asking we found one. I felt bad because there were people putting on a program that would have been nice to see but we got there at the end. I took pictures of the things they had set up and all the flags on the graves. They had a bucket there full of these flags for those who died for our country. You could take one and put it on the headstone. It was a really neat thing to see and there was a lady playing patriotic songs on a keyboard to set the mood. I am glad that I was able to do something similar to what I would at home.

1 comment:

Ryan Cowley said...

I always think cemeteries look so neat over Memorial Day weekend with all the flags and flowers. We didn't make it to one this year. Glad you still got to experience that even sooooooooooooooooo far away!!!