Saturday, January 24, 2009

Zoo Fun!

These sea lions are huge!!! Probably at least 12 feet long!
The King of the Jungle..sunbathing! :)
Mom and Aunty walking Sam.
Posing with his tongue out.
Polar bears relax in the sun.
Me pretending to be a farmer. But the tractor's not going very far.
Baby turtles.

On Martin Luther King day, we took advantage of the zoo's free admission up in Portland. It was well worth the drive, although, everyone else seemed to have the same idea. There were a few animals that weren't out but, we'll be back to take their pictures. :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love your pics!! I definitely want to go sometime. Thats awesome you got in for free. THose sea lions were ginormous!!

Ryan Cowley said...

Looks like fun! My kids are jealous and want to go to the zoo now.

Julie said...

I love your pics and I'm glad you got to see the zoo. If you ever get a chance to visit OMSI in Portland, definitly go! I would love to get a family pass to see that place if I lived in Portland. It's a great place to take toddlers to over and over again as well as school aged kids. If you get a chance to go to Newport (the beach) check out the fancy Aquarium there. It is award winning and used to hold Keiko from the movie "Free Willy" before they released it into the wild.