Monday, November 14, 2011

hard decisions

This last weekend was a very difficult one for my mom's side of the family. With the passing of my grandma in May they knew they would have to sell the house. As much as we wanted to keep it in the family and turn things around we just couldn't do it. This was a very difficult thing for my mom and her sister's. They would have loved to keep it so we could have family things there. They did find an amazing buyer for the house that promised to keep the place as much the same as possible. He is going to be doing a lot of remodeling and upkeep. I know it wont be the same driving past and not being able to go there.
It has been really hard for me to hear about all the decisions. I know its for the best but I have had so many memories there. I know you can always take them with you but its hard to not have that place to go to. I am writing a poem about my grandma's house and when I get it done I will post it. Then maybe it will be easier to understand the way I feel...

1 comment:

Ryan Cowley said...

That is hard! I still remember when my grandpa's house was torn down. It just seemed so very wrong! Love ya!