Monday, June 20, 2011

Memories of Grandma's


This picture was taken only a week before my grandma passed away! This is how I always remember her. With a smile and a wave to hurry back.


This probably just looks like a junky desk to most people. This is my grandpa's desk full of memories. He sat at this desk day after day typing one key at a time making a journal of all the years he was married.My grandma would write too if he was to tired to do it. They didn't ever miss a single day.


This is called the shack or as my grandma called it the Dream house. It had mosquito netting around it. There was a big double bed and a lamp out there and it was a favorite spot of the cousins. We loved sleeping there and occasionally in the afternoon we found grandma and grandpa taking a snooze:)

I have been thinking alot about grandma's and all the memories I have with her. I just wanted to write them down. I know there are lots more but these are some of my top favorites.

your love of flowers and spending time in your greenhouse and your garden of eden
your good hotcakes with homemade raspberry jam
your love of singing and your sweet voice
all of the stories you would read and games you would play
the fun sleepovers at your house with popcorn and pepsi and the crossword
decorating for Christmas time and listening to music
driving around looking at the lights
singing endless christmas songs while you played the uke
Christmas goodie bags and matching pajama's
finding Easter baskets in your huge yard
playing in the irrigation water for hours
making flower arrangements and taking them to the cemetery for Memorial day
having you bring us picnic lunches in the old playhouse
swinging on the rope swing
canning all kinds of fruits and veggies
relaxing in the gazebo with a glass of pink lemonade or eskimo pie
watching you lead the singing at church when we would visit
hiding under the covers with you during a storm
running around the yard with sparklers and having our own mini fireworks show
feeding the fish
watching the moon flowers open at night
helping you with cooking and enjoying your cooking
washing dishes
watching general conference and playing bingo
how fun you made birthdays
sleeping out in the shack
swimming in the nice warm pool outside
helping with my homework
always laughing about everything and making up fun stories and songs
watching lawrence welk with you

I am going to really miss you grandma! Till we meet again may God bless you!

1 comment:

Ryan Cowley said...

I love this list! This is something I'm sure you can treasure and even add to.