Monday, June 20, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

May 27th,2011

My sister Lisa and I had already decided to get together over Memorial day. Even though we both had just taken time off for the funeral. We agreed we needed some fun instead of sadness. So on Friday her and her roommate came down for the weekend! I was really excited to see them and do some fun stuff! We hung around and watched movies and relaxed on the first day. On Saturday we were up and gone early to head to the coast. We wanted to go to Heceta head lighthouse first so we put it on the Gps and had quite a scenic back road adventure. We even crossed poodle creek road but didn't see any poodles:( We finally got to Heceta head and hiked up to the lighthouse keeper's house. I was feeling kind of woozy from all the corner's taken in the car so I sat on the porch while Amy and Lisa walked to the light house. It was so relaxing just sitting there listening to the ocean I found myself dozing off. After that we drove down a ways and started looking for a place to eat. We came across the blue whale cafe and of course just dove in. They were pretty busy because of the weekend and I was tempted to leave but just then the 1 and only waitress showed up! We had some pretty good burgers. We decided since the weather was gorgeous (and that NEVER happens at the Oregon Coast) we would play on the beach.We had so much fun and got just a little bit on the wet side oops! We headed for the Oregon Coast Aquarium which I think everyone had the same idea. We saw some pretty crazy things there like an anaconda snake that was 18 feet long! We also saw some pretty neat fish and some sharks. It was fun and I had lucked out and gotten tickets on sale for Lisa and Amy. That place is usually pretty expensive. After that we went down to the bay front to pick up our usual Aunt Belinda's famous soft taffy. Of course no trip is complete without stopping at the Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat. It was a really fun day and the weather was so great! We didn't really do much the rest of the time they were here except our usual games, games, games! I love to do that as much as anything and eating and talking. Time goes to quickly and soon they had to head back home. We had so much fun and laughed alot. I cant wait till they come back for another visit!


Look at the gorgeous ocean

At first glance out the car window

Sandcastle cake

Ta da we did it!

making a sand castle cake before the tide comes in

Get back here comes the water

just going to walk in the water

bridge and cool sky behind Amy and Lisa

I thought this would be a fun idea for a picture and it turned out!

My cool sister driving

The view sitting on the porch of the lighthouse keeper's house!

Taking a little break for a picture

Lisa with the bridge in the background

The ocean before hiking up to the lighthouse

3 comments:

kat said...

Gorgeous coast and priceless sister time! xoxo

Denise said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time!! Oh how I love the coast! I can't wait till my next trip up there! great job on the pics! :)

Ryan Cowley said...

Okay, I so need to bring my kids up to see a real ocean! We are getting a little braver with the trips! Maybe next year! :)