Sunday, June 19, 2011

Grandma

Did I mention that I have had a really crazy year! Its been so busy mostly with things that make me sad. I have had 3 funerals in 5 months! I don't think anyone should ever have to do that. I think I am finally ready to share my thoughts about my grandma Braegger. Although my grandma was 91 and had no quality of life left this was a hard death for me. I have always been really close with my grandma. We had a special bond and I loved being near her. She always told me that I made her day when I called or came to visit. She was never a negative person. She always had a smile on her face and was so cheerful. After my grandpa passed away my sister and I had a chance to live with her. It was a very special experience that neither one of us will forget. I am so glad she never had to go to a nursing home or retirement place. My aunt Paula and Uncle Kelley made it possible to have her stay with them till the end. They were so good to her and gave up so much. I put a couple of pictures of them how cute are they! I am going to do a different post about the funeral.


2 comments:

Paula said...

That was a beautiful tribute to grandma...oh boy that picture of Kelley and grandma walking together in the cememtary really got me...bawling...again. Thanks for sharing your memories...they are sweet!

Ryan Cowley said...

Sorry about your grandma. I know you were very close to her! Love you!