Wednesday, April 20, 2011

grandmas

I have had a lot of thoughts going through my head lately about my grandma's. They are amazing people with so much to offer. I have truly learned so much about myself and others through them. They are such strong religious people that have never weakened to anything. They always stuck their ground and held strong. Today is my grandma Joyce's birthday she is in her 80's. You would never guess it though she still drives and goes to the temple. She has her wits about her and knows what is going on. She just lost her husband and it has sure been tough to be alone. She is such a wonderful person and I am sure she will be around for quite awhile. My other grandma is not doing the best anymore. Her quality of life has sure left as she sits day after day sometimes not even knowing who people are. Its really hard to hear and see her like this. I just try and remember all the amazing memories I have of her. There are too many to count! One of my favorites is listening to her sing with her daughters. I could listen to them for hours they should do a cd! One of my favorite songs they sing is called Home. It makes you happy to want to come home and feel the memories there. I know grandma will be going home soon and I am truly happy for her. What a wonderful place to look forward to.
Here are the words to the song:

Evening brings the close of day,
Skies of blue begin to grey,
Crimson hues are fading in the west.
Evening ever brings to me
Dreams of days that used to be,
Memories of those I love the best.

When shadows fall
And trees whisper, "Day is ending",
My thoughts are ever wending home.
When crickets call,
My heart is forever yearning
Once more to be returning home.

When the hills conceal the setting sun,
Stars begin a-peeping, one by one.
Night covers all,
And though fortune may forsake me,
Sweet dreams will ever take me home.

2 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

I was pretty young when one Grandma died and the other one lived in WA/OR while I was growing up. That's neat that you are able to have such a special bond with yours.

Good luck on your relay!

Paula said...

Sweet post Angie...That's my all time favorite song we've sung.