Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trip to Utah

Its been a long time since I have done a post! Its been a crazy couple of weeks for me. I will try and stay caught up in the mean time this is what I have been up to! I have this good friend Rebecca that I have known for about 13 years. We were roommates and after she got married we still stayed in touch. I knew her anniversary of 10 years was coming up in March of this year.(Its actually today:) )Well she does not get out often because she has 5 kids and its hard for her to go anywhere especially overnight. I thought it would be a nice thing for her and her hubby to get away for a few days. I emailed her husband with the idea, he of course was thrilled I would even consider coming and watch the kids. We wanted to keep it a surprise and almost did but things came up and he couldn't come get me at the airport so we had to tell. I think she was shocked so it was a nice way to surprise her. I really didn't know what I had gotten myself into until I saw the outlined daily routine! She is very organized and runs a tight ship:) For the most part it went really well and I enjoyed my time with them. Dont get me wrong they are great kids they just like to see how far I can be pushed:) The oldest is 8 and the youngest 1 so I was on the run literally:) I didn't get a chance to get pictures of the older 2. When they got home from school it seemed like there was alot more going on! The kids loved being outside I was glad it was good weather so we could have fun. I hope they didn't think I was too mean, I tried to be fair. Anyway I am glad for the chance to visit them. I also got to go see my parents for a few days and it was great! I couldn't believe how much snow they still have. We had a nice relaxing time together and it went by way to quick! Its always nice to be home and sometimes I wish I still lived close. I was really excited to hear from my boss while I was in Utah. One of the people I work with had quit and she was moving me to full time! Such great news since I have only been working 3 days a week. I have already been blessed so much this new year! I am looking forward to the rest of this year:)



3 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Just for the record - I wasn't going to make the instructions as long as I did but you said to write everything down so that is EXACTLY what I did! ;D

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!! You are the greatest friend EVER!!!!

Wikipedia defines kindness this way:
"Kindness is the act or the state of being kind and marked by charitable behaviour"

I can't think of many acts more charitable than standing in a mother's place for a day let alone three - especially a mother of five LITTLE children. You are truly an angel!!

Paula said...

Now that's a great service! What a nice thing to do for your friend. You are seriously going straight to heaven!

Jenn said...

What a great friend you are! And sister! How fun for you and Lisa!