Monday, February 1, 2010

What will you celebrate this year?

I love Disneyland and since I missed out going last year I wanted to go this year. I am having a milestone birthday this year so what better way to celebrate? My opinion of course I am sure everybody has different ideas:)So I was really excited when Disney put out there usually promotion for the year. They asked what will you celebrate? Give a day of service and get a free ticket to Disneyland! I was really pumped since I enjoy helping others and then they are going to reward me for it?! So I signed up and there were so many opportunities around our community to serve. I chose to make cards for kids who are facing cancer and other life changing illness's. I got a list of the kids and their favorite things. I thought it would be fun to send them a package with a card. So me and my roommate signed up and went today and did our service. It was great and I hope the kids like the things we sent.Its nice to get a fun reward but sometimes its nice to know you made a sick child smile. I know after today's experience that I want to get out and help more. I want to celebrate this year by doing a service of some sort for someone each month. I think thats a good way to celebrate this year dont you?


6 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

That is AWESOME! Glad you got to (and get to) do that!

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

You're going to Disney without me! What?

Katie W said...

Ah, so that's why you did that!! I'm sooo glad you were able to help others out so you can enjoy a good time! :) Are you going to go for your birthday then?

Angie said...

Katie I am planning to go in October since summer is a mad house and too hot! Lisa I am still hoping you are planning to come. I sent you an email!

Paula said...

Hey Angie...what a neat thing to do! Your cards are so cute too. I love your idea of doing a service project every month!

Katie W said...

That will be a fun time of year to go!! We went once a couple of days after Labor Day and it was THE BEST!!! We walked on all but one ride. All the local schools were back in session and the other schools had been in for such a short time, it was great! I hear October is good--but avoid UEA--it stands for Utahns Entering Anaheim. :)