Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving fun




This year is probably the only year I have ever missed a Thanksgiving at home. I was feeling kind of down about this but realized it would be ok. My sister Lisa lives only 4 hours away so we decided to get together. My poor roommate had to work on Thanksgiving so I went alone. The traffic was awful and I was so glad to get there. We had a great time laughing and watching movies and of course the Macys parade. We even made cute turkeys for our places. We played 3 rounds of scrabble and she won me twice! I need to practice up for Christmas it looks like. Anyway the time always goes by way to quick and soon it was time for me to go home. I am so glad I had a little bit of the same family time I love! Thanks for a great time Lisa:) (Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures I took them on my phone and it was dark.)

5 comments:

Katie W said...

It looks like you two really made the best of the situation of not being able to go home. It's always an interesting experience doing it on your own, isn't it? At least the two of you aren't too far away from each other. The turkeys turned out cute and the table setting looks great!!! What a fun, memorable day!!

Janelle said...

That is so fun!! I think it is great that you two live close enough to get together so often!

Paula said...

Sounds like a good Thanksgiving! It's times like these when you really appreciate your family. So glad you and Lisa could be together. Turkeys are super cute!

Kera said...

hi ang. so is this your main blog?

i just love you to death :)

Jenn said...

How fun! Love your turkeys! I'm terrible at Scrabble - you could play me and win every time!