Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!


My sweet grandma is turning 90 today! I cant believe that she has stuck it out for so long. We all thought for sure that after my grandpa passed away 14 years ago she wouldn't last. She has had her tough times and has been dealing with a bit of alztimers. For the most part she is really with it and can tell you anything about her youth. She loves to play the ukey as she calls it. When she was about 8 her mom bought it for her and she taught herself to play. She loves to play and sing and had her own girls singing very young. She taught them all harmony so they sing in parts. We love to hear them sing along to grandma playing and I know it makes her smile. I am so glad I have stayed so close to her she means so much to me. She has never judged me when I have made wrong choices. She has always just accepted the way I am and loved me. I couldn't ask for a better grandma she is the best! I am really looking forward to going home for Christmas so I can see her. I hope I can look as great at 90! (I thought it was interesting this is my 190th post!)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! She's lookin' good for 90!

Katie W said...

How sweet! I'm sure it will be great to be home with loved ones for the holidays. I hope your grandma has a very happy birthday!

Ryan Cowley said...

Amazing! That will be great to get to go home and see her.