Monday, February 23, 2009

Grandpa Braegger





This is one of my favorite people,my grandpa Braegger. He is no longer living but today is his birthday and I have been thinking of him alot lately. He was one of the sweetest men ever!He was always found doing something for someone and never asking for anything in return. He was also hardworking and had an amazing garden both flowers and vegetables. He was always so kind to the grandkids and we loved to visit because that meant we were in for a swig of pepsi and a cookie:)The pictures I put on here some him up hardworking, always had time to play, and came to see us in Oregon even though he didn't like to leave home. I have so many good memories of him and could probably go on for a few pages but I wont for the sake of you who are reading. I just wanted you to know a little bit about one of the sweetest men I have ever known.

6 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great man.

Denise said...

Ang, this was hard, emotionally, for me to look at but I am glad you did a tribute to him. You are so good with birthdays, even for those who have passed on. Thanks again for posting this about our Grandpa Braegger.

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

Let me get out my slideshow machine... Yeah right! I'd bawl through the whole thing! I sure miss Grandpa.

Mark said...

Ditto to all the comments. I think Elijah is jealous of my wheelbarrow. :)

/mark

Paula said...

Angie thanks for posting those pictures. It brought back a flood of memories...Grandpa on the stilts? Thats a good one. I remember it like it was yesterday. It's wierd, but when i go home I still expect to see Grampa out raking leaves or sitting in his room reading or doing the crossword puzzle with a bowl of popcorn with Grandma. I miss him too. I heard you got a job. YEA!

kat said...

Wow...I love this! I miss him so much too. You are so thoughtful. Thank you for posting this...we are so lucky to have such great grandparents. hope you're doing well! xoxo