Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Your such a nice lady

I just have to talk about my work for a minute. I work at an assisted living place and some of them need lots of assistance others none. I have met some pretty neat people over the couple of years that I have worked there. There is such a wide range of people. Most of them are in their 80's and 90's and some amaze me at how much they can still do for themselves. We are told to not have any favorites but I can't help myself I have some :) I really seem to take to the ones that do not have anybody come and see them. It breaks my heart that their families wouldn't come. There is one lady who had such a hard life but she is so sweet. She is not all there anymore and sometimes she will ask me if I know where her mom is. I just play along and tell her she is at the store. She is in a child's mind most of the time. She is so sweet and when I talk to her she always tells me she loves me and I am such a nice lady:) It makes my day every time she says it. I know I am there to help them but sometimes they help me more then they know.

2 comments:

Katie W said...

Oh that is sooo sweet!! Smetimes it's just the little, simple things that can totally make our days.

REBYRYAN said...

Well....that's because you ARE a nice lady!