Sunday, February 26, 2012

thoughts

I haven't been very good at keeping this blog up this year. It seems like when it rains it pours. I am trying to keep a positive attitude about everything. I had to give a talk last week on gratitude and that really made me stop and think about things. I was able to attend the temple this last week and I just love it there. Sometimes I wish I never had to leave, Its so peaceful and quiet. I wish I had the power to take the hurt away from people. I have seen so many miracles happen and so many that could really use one. I know that we will find out when we get to the other side why so many had so many trials. So I don't make this into a depressing post I wanted to mention what happened yesterday. In our ward we have a blue and gold banquet for the scouts. Its a dinner for the ward and then they do a cake auction. They were trying to earn money for their scout camp this summer. They bumped the cost to 100 dollars a boy and we have 10 so the goal was 1000. Each boy makes a cake and they get auctioned off. It was too cute watching the boys faces as their cakes went for different prices. Our ward is very generous and we have quite a few that have lots of money. There wasn't a cake that didn't go for less then 50.00 dollars. The last cake went for 250 and you couldn't wipe the smile off his face. It was fun to be there. I promise this next month I will be more positive and try and keep up better with this blog. I am going to be doing more for myself this year. I decided I am always helping others which is good but I have been putting myself last. I am excited and nervous to get started this week with my first big change. Wish me luck! I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

Sometimes you need to take some time off from blogging! It's hard to come up with stuff when life is so day-to-day... :)