Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fireworks at Boiler Bay





I really wanted to see some fireworks over the coast this year. They were having them on the 3rd and 4th so we went the 3rd. We got to the place early and it was good we did or we would have missed the whales!There were about 5 whales 3 mom's and 2 babies. The ranger that was there said they come in close so the babies can nurse while the mom's relax. When they are out in deeper water the mom has to keep pushing the baby up to the top for air. It was really cool to watch them.I had to really zoom in on the picture so sorry its small. Then the sunset was so beautiful to watch. I didn't really plan very well weather wise. It was so cold and I really didn't have much to keep me warm. It would have been good to have a heavy coat. I will remember next year! Overall it was really fun and great fireworks!

1 comment:

Ryan Cowley said...

Who'd have thought that you'd need a coat in July? Love your pic up top!!