Friday, April 9, 2010

Thoughts

I have been thinking a lot about how different I am lately then what I use to be. I have struggled my whole life with my weight and hated myself. It wasn't easy being teased and made fun of especially by family members. Its been a difficult road and I have gone up and down back and forth with weight. I am at the highest weight I have ever been and I am not proud of that. After watching the biggest loser season after season I have come to realize a few things. 1.You have to change whats wrong inside before you change the outside. 2.You have to come to love yourself and make the change for you not anyone else. 3.You have to learn to eat right and be willing to keep excercising even when you reach your goal weight. There are lots more but those are the top ones. I have tried and failed a number of times with different things. I have lost lots of weight but because of the things mentioned above the weight came back. It has been harder to deal with then I could ever tell you. I am once again trying something new to see if I can get it to work. I have lost 3 pounds so far and I seem to be in a different mind set. I am hoping this is the time that I will finally make it and be happy with myself.

5 comments:

Katie W said...

Oh Angie!! Sometimes life is tough! It sounds like you've got a new attitude about things and I hope this time things will be different for you! You are an amazing person and I love ya!

Unknown said...

Angie, it is hard. I struggle with the same things inside. I think most people do, whether they admit it or not. Good job finding the real reason on why you want to lose weight. Good luck! I hope this is the time for you!

lessdirtydirt said...

Angie I love you very very much. Growing up with you I never once looked at you and even thought for a second that you were too big. You're a wonderful person and i've always been able to see that. I hope you learn to see that for yourself too.

Lesley said...

Oh Angie- It's like you were reading my thoughts when you wrote this. I too have watched Biggest Loser season after season. Most every show I find inspiring. I do really well for a while at excercising and I lose a little here and there but I gain it back as well. I wish you luck with it. I know you can do it! You are a beautiful person and I am glad that I know you!

Lots of Love - Les

Mumsy said...

Sometimes I think I am partly to blame cause I love to cook and Dad has a tremendous sweet tooth. Having goodies around all the time can't make it any easier. I will try to be more sensitive and helpful. I hope you know that everyone loves you - especially me!