Monday, January 23, 2012

Rain Rain go Away!









This last week it started to rain on Monday then it changed to snow. Then on Tuesday afternoon it turned back to rain and didn't stop until Thursday!! That's right it rained straight through Wednesday without stopping! For awhile we were all worried at work because they kept closing roads. Alot of us live outside of the valley we work in and there are only 2 roads out. Everything started to flood and it got pretty bad. My parent's even called me because my hometown made it on the news!! It was a sad story of a family that got swept up in the water and the dad and 1 boy got out but the mom and baby drown:( It has calmed down quite a bit since then but don't worry we still have rain in the forecast!
Meanwhile up and my sister Lisa's house in Washington she was getting dumped on with snow!! It was pretty awful since they are not use to getting that much at a time. It dropped 4-6 inches and then it rained so it turned to ice. Not a pretty commute at all! Over 250 thousand people lost there electricity and there are still 50 thousand still without. This last weekend I had planned to go up to her house and move her to her new apartment. After all the crap with the storm I was very hesitant. The forecast said it was suppose to rain and get warmer so I thought why not! I got up there on Friday night and it was a really scary drive. It was really slushy and there was still snow on the sides. I didn't know what we were going to do the next day but we both prayed hard. When we woke up on Saturday it wasn't doing anything and it had started melting a lot. We were so excited we got started around 9 and about 4 we were done. Right after carrying up the last load it started to rain. We really lucked out! It was fun to be with my sister and help her. We got to play games and watch movies and went to a fun container store. We always eat too much and just enjoy each others company. I can't wait to go visit again! Maybe next time I will luck out and get sunshine! The first 3 pictures are in Oregon right around where I live. The other 2 are in Seattle but you would think they are in Utah!

2 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

Did you take all the pictures? That is CRAZY weather!

Paula said...

That is crazy! This has been a wierd weather year! I'm so glad you were able to spend that time with Lisa.