Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I have been doing a lot of thinking...

Sorry I haven't done much in blogging land lately. I have had kind of a blah January. I think everyone does with the weather and trying to start up new goals for the year. I have been busy at work training a new girl so we aren't stuck working 12 hour shifts anymore thank goodness! I have been doing a lot of thinking about my grandparents lately. I have been blessed in my life to have known my great grandparents. I have so many memories of visiting with them and how excited they would get to see me. I think my love for cooking came from my great grandma Ida. She was an amazing cook and always had something good to eat. I remember helping her in the kitchen with cookies or just sitting and watching. She was always patient with me and would never get upset if I messed something up. I miss her sweet ways and her whistling and watching Lawrence Welk with her. I have been thinking about my mom's mom lately. Just this month my sweet grandma had to go and live with my aunt. She was just too wobbly for her own house and to be alone. I know this was a hard pill for her to swallow but she seems to be doing ok. She has always been such a positive person never upset. She always loves a phone call or visit and when you talk to her you would think your the most interesting person ever! I love her so much and am so thankful for my aunt letting her stay. I know it has been a huge sacrifice to have her there. I am also thinking about my grandpa Keith who is suffering so much right now. He has literally gone through the wringer of health problems. He has fought cancer twice and its winning right now. I am so sad that he has to deal with the pain and the sickness. I am also feeling bad for my grandma who stays by his side day in and day out. She is so loving and just wants to help him so much. It has been so hard for her to watch him suffer. I know it wont be long before he is called to the other side. He is already talking to people there and really wants to go. I am just so thankful for the knowledge that the gospel brings. I didn't mean to be such a downer with this post I am just having a lot of sadness these days and needed to share. I hope everyone is doing well! If you have your grandparents still dont forget to tell them you love them!

2 comments:

Katie W said...

Grandparents are such a part of who we are so loved. It's really tough to see them grow older and have to deal with the things that come with age. I'm really sorry about your grandpa. I'm glad you have some great memories to comfort you. Love ya!

Denise said...

We have such a wonderful family. I think about it everyday and am so grateful. I know that our grandparents love each of us no matter what! I know you are having a hard time with being away at this time, but hang in there. You're a great big sister with such a wonderful heart and I sure do love you!!